Cinesite Vancouver is hiring mid to senior level Lighting and Compositing Artists to join us on our creepy, kooky animated theatrical feature film, The Addams Family!
The position of Lighting and Compositing Artist requires someone with a comprehensive knowledge of CG lighting and compositing with several years of experience finaling shots for feature animation films.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate in a team-driven environment. Applicants must have a thorough understanding of colour, light, cameras and composition as well as a solid technical foundation in modern 3D packages and renderers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Light, comp and final assigned shots weekly as per designated due dates
- Work collaboratively with leads and supervisors to meet shot look requirements
- Work with FX and Matte Painting to ensure proper incorporation of elements in shots
- Participate in training for lighting and compositing templates as well as provided tools
- Engage in troubleshooting technical issues and report persistent problems
- Take active part in daily and continuity shot reviews, engage meaningfully with team
- Proactively communicate with Production on shot progress
Skills & Requirements:
- 2+ years experience in a similar position for feature animation
- Proficiency in Maya, Katana a bonus
- Proficiency in Nuke, deep compositing and/or stereo conversion experience a bonus
- Proficiency in modern renderer, RenderMan a bonus
- Strong understanding of modern lighting, compositing and rendering techniques
- Ability to take direction and feedback from Leads and Supervisors
- Efficient time management skills
- Task driven, self–motivated and proactive team player
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technically
- BC residents preferred, but not required