Cinesite Montreal is recruiting a Line Producer to join our VFX team. In collaboration with the VFX Producer, they will help coordinate clients, creatives and administration to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget and to client specification.
The Role :
- In collaboration with the VFX Producer, help strategize and implement tasks and targets crucial to the delivery of the project on time and on budget.
- Work with the VFX Producer, Leads and VFX Supervisors to create, implement and run the schedule, track and manage the workflow through the departments and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Input, modify, adjust and track the information into Cinesite management tools (Ftrack, Babel, Crewsheets, etc.)
- Liaise with the Production Accountant to ensure we are on target regarding our budget and that we identify any potential delays and issues.
- Oversee VFX Production Coordinators and ensure the good organisation of dailies, rounds and meetings and the taking of notes and follow up of information.
- Ensure the production database is kept updated daily with notes and critical information (Ftrack, Babel, Crewsheets, etc.)
- Communicate information quickly and succinctly to crew and other departments
- Communicate changes to client sessions, dailies or meetings either directly or through the Coordinators
- Keep communication flowing from the VFX Supervisor to the Leads, crew or other departments
- Anticipate and communicate issues to the VFX Producer and VFX Supervisor in order to resolve problems quickly
- Maintain an accurate summary of the project’s progress based on the previous day’s artists work
- Take responsibility for knowing the details of the schedule and advising the Coordinators accordingly
- Oversee the execution of client deliveries for all temps and finals
- Manage edits alongside the Editorial department
- Manage resources and communicate coherently with other support departments
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- Demonstrated post production project management skills within a VFX facility as Line Producer or extensive Senior Coordinator experience.
- Be able to create and maintain excellent client’s relation.
- Have a strong technical understanding of what is required both in 3D animation and 2D compositing to enable the clients’ requirements to be met on time and within budget.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Ftrack.
- Have a good understanding of software packages such as Maya, Arnold, Houdini, Nuke, etc. so as to work effectively with a highly technical and creative team of artists.
- Be an excellent communicator, be highly organised and a good motivator.
- Have excellent leadership skills with the ability to delegate to coordinators as necessary.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY