The role: The Look Development Supervisor works closely between the Texturing and Lighting Departments, helping to create the appearance for the CG assets. You should be able to use a number of techniques and render software to create the final look required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with supervisors and HOD’s to create looks and templates for characters, environments and all other assets used, and be able to interpret direction from Supervisors.
- Partner with the Lighting and Texturing Supervisors to create shading workflows in Gaffer
- Help develop solutions for technical problems during show production
- Ensuring that all assets work within the scope of lighting and the colour pipeline requirements for shows
- Working with a team of artists in a hands on role to ensure that the look developed assets are artistically and technically implemented
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- 5+ years experience in lookdev in VFX
- Proven experience in lighting software packages such as Gaffer, Katana or Maya and renderers like Arnold or Renderman.
- Artistic skills and a good eye for lighting.
- Good understanding of the visual effects pipeline from modelling, texturing, rendering and compositing.
- Basic compositing skills in Nuke.
- Strong problem- solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Experience leading and training others
- Excellent communication skills and dedication to responsibilities
- Organised and methodical
- Proactive with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to motivate yourself and meet set deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks managing time well
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY