Cinesite Montreal is seeking a VFX Production Department Manager to work in partnership with the Head of Department to oversee their department. Together they will ensure the smooth operation of the department with regards to artist management, as well as project requirements, deadlines and budgets. The Production Department Manager will work closely with and support Show-based production staff to ensure shots are being assigned, tracked and delivered according to established targets and milestones for each projects the department is working on.
- Work closely with Show production staff to assign, schedule, prioritize and track all required departmental production work: assets or shots.
- Evaluate the needs of each project in concert with the Show Production staff and Crewing Manager to resource and allocate crew over multiple projects.
- With the Head of Production, analyse data and pull relevant reports to enable forecasting and planning for future Recruitment/HR requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between Production teams, Supervisors and artists to ensure constant communication and facilitate feedback.
- Encourage and facilitate interdepartmental communication and co-operation.
- Ensure Ftrack (project management tool) statuses, task assignments and timesheets are kept up to date.
- Ensure teams are clear on daily delivery objectives.
- Ensure effective communication within a production and continual team updates.
- Coordinate and monitor multiple projects effectively.
- Collaborate with all Show production staff to ensure the smooth running and communication flow of all project data.
- Monitor and control progress and issues, and prepare reports.
- Ensure that the work is being approved and completed in a timely fashion.
- Establish quality control and departmental processes.
- Participate in/Organize dailies, rounds and departmental meetings.
- In collaboration with the Production Department Manager, estimate workload, allocate and optimize resources per project and select outsourcing strategies according to production budgets and schedules.
- In collaboration with Production Department Manager, address behavioral issues (tardiness, absenteeism, underperformance, motivation, etc.), resolve conflict within the team, set an example for the team in terms of performance, work ethic, professionalism and attitude, etc.
- Oversee the department leads and artists’ performance including their training and career development, performance evaluations and provide mentorship and leadership coaching for Supervisors (if applicable).
- In collaboration with the Head of Department, liaise with HR and artists to determine training needs to effectively develop, design and execute training programs for skill development.
- Work closely with HR to fulfill recruitment needs including pre-candidate screening, evaluation of artistic and technical abilities and conducting interviews.
- Promote a positive, productive and professional working environment.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.