Cinesite Vancouver is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Feature Animation team. The ideal candidate should be motivated, independent and well-organized, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly skilled and experienced individuals.
Reporting to the Finance Director in Vancouver, the Senior Accountant is an important member of the Finance team, responsible for the day to day management of the finance functions, providing analysis and strategy to the management for the overall company. This position will build and sustain the capacity of the finance department through the establishment, monitoring and improvement of accounting and finance systems and procedures.
- Support the Finance team with the resolution of issues with regard to general accounting, tax auditing, etc.
- Prepares monthly financials reports
- Prepares monthly variances analysis
- Prepare and provide cashflow analysis
- Responsible of tax reports (GST and annual tax return)
- File preparation for auditors and annual audits
- Participate in the annual budget process
- Participate in system implementation
- Processing all Accounts Payable, preparing journal entries, and recording fixed assets
- Processing expense reports
- Entering Purchase Orders
- Processing payroll by ensuring that timesheets are entered in a timely fashion
- Liaise with Animation Producers regarding new sales, and send client Budgets and manage ongoing project budgets
- Organize claiming of film tax credits as required
- Produce regular updated cost reports for Management and Clients
- Liaise with Producers to ensure they understand the financial implications of their films
- Collaborate with finance staff to ensure costs for shows are accurately posted, allocate depreciation to show on machine hours, ensure overheads are allocated on labour costs, and ensure all timecards have been posted
- Forecast revenue – update regularly in line with change orders etc., forecast project costs to complete
- Calculate appropriate revenue to be recognized on a monthly basis
- Foster strong collaboration with Producers
- Maintain Project File with all original contracts for all major shows
- Prepare change orders for major projects
- Review work orders and make any adjustments required by producers/finance
- Prepare any financial information requested by clients
- Prepare and review reports for Producers as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or a related field
- CPA certification, or in process of obtaining
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting
- Proven accounting and analytical skills
- Flexibility, openness to change and continuous improvement
- Focus on action, goals and results
- Ability to work with a team and individually when required
- Permanent resident or citizen of Canada
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, world leading, award winning work.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY