Cinesite Montreal is seeking a Senior Animator to join our Feature Animation team. The ideal candidate should be motivated and well-organized, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly-skilled and experienced artists.
- You will be working with the Animation Director to establish and maintain a style of performance for the project and create characters that will resonate with the audience.
- Work closely with the Director and Animation Director to interpret and implement creative concepts and notes to create a first-class independent animated feature.
- Provide constructive feedback while acting as mentor to the animation team, to encourage the growth of the division.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Minimum 7 years experience working in CG animation.
- Strong background in feature CG character animation, including an in-depth understanding of anatomy, shot composition, and the principals of animation.
- Strong creative skills and a thorough understanding of the techniques required to animate characters to match the voice acting and intent of the scene.
- Strong abilities in acting, timing, and staging.
- Previous experience animating a stereoscopic feature (advantageous).
- Excellent Maya skills and a good understanding of how best to use facial and body pose libraries.
- Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools.
- Excellent understanding of the feature animation pipeline, from modelling through rigging, animation and rendering.
- Ability to work well in a team while solving shot-specific issues independently.
- Ability to meet project requirements and work within a deadline.
- Experience in leading and training others.
- Basic understanding of rigging techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts, animation or equivalent experience (preferred).
- Organizational skills and a methodical approach to your work.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY