Cinesite Vancouver is looking for a Senior Previs/Layout artist to join us on our creepy and kooky animated theatrical feature film, The Addams Family.
The Senior Previs/Layout artist is responsible for generating the previsualization of the film and refining the final camera movements, in accordance with the established storytelling guidelines, working closely with the Previs/Layout leads.
- Execution of scene staging, camera animation, composition, lensing and animation blocking with and without boards
- Providing creative, technical feedback and mentoring to junior artists
- Camera scouting, first pass lighting and DOF in viewport 2.0 as required
- Creation of simple temp previs assets as required
- Stay current and provide training to junior team on hardware, software and previs/layout procedures used in production
- Assisting Previs/Layout Lead with final camera polish and final shot layout
- Accountable for on time and on budget execution and delivery of previs and layout
- Responsible for communicating red flags, changes and updates to Previs Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization or Computer Animation required or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience creating cinematic sequences for CG animation
- Firm understanding of cameras, staging, composition, perspective, pacing, timing, lighting and general filmmaking concepts in both animation and live action contexts
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently organize, multi-task, prioritize work across multiple areas
- Ability to work solo and collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from Leads
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with all personality types
- Energetic, with a positive and fun attitude
- BC residents preferred, but not required
Your demo reel should showcase a sequence of shots in continuity. Ideally we are looking to see your previs/layout work and not the final renders. Storyboard/Layout/Final Render comparison would be a best case scenario.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.