The Lead Pipeline TD is responsible for adapting, configuring, maintaining, and developing the Cinesite pipeline in order to meet the needs of specific shows and enable them to be delivered efficiently. They provide guidance and mentoring to a team of TDs, and are responsible for the efficiency, effectiveness and well-being of the team. In collaboration with the Head of Technical Production and CG Supervisors, the Lead designs production processes and workflows based on the needs of specific shows. Working with the Development Lead, the lead Pipeline TD will play a major role in incorporating new pipeline tools and softwares into the workflows used by artists in different departments.
In addition, the Lead Pipeline TD is responsible for supporting artists working on multiple shows, providing technical advice and diagnosing and resolving technical issues as they arise. The Lead Pipeline TD will triage issues and feature requests, prioritising and distributing them appropriately to their team members. They will also monitor the progress of these issues, and assist or re-allocate issues to other TDs, the R&D team, or the TS team if required.
The ideal candidate must have a great understanding of computer graphics and strong programming skills to actively participate in the development and integration of creative tools into an overall production pipeline, whilst also having a deep understanding of the practical application of pipeline tools to the production process.
- Assist the CG Supervisors with planning and implementing the technical approaches on specific shows;
- Prioritise and allocate work to a team of TDs;
- Provide guidance, support and mentorship to a team of TDs;
- Liaise with development and other TD leads in resolving issues;
- Liaise with the TS department over technical issues arising on shows;
- Maintain and advance Cinesite’s global production pipeline; keep our pipeline efficient and up-to-date in response to new production challenges;
- With the Development Lead and CG supervisors, identify and optimize bottlenecks in algorithms and workflows and find optimized solutions;
- With CG supervisors, identify and implement new capabilities into our workflow;
- In collaboration with HR and Head of Technical Production, actively participate in recruitment efforts, training, career development, appraisals and reviews of tds;
- Communicate with third-party software vendors to prioritize Cinesite’s feature requests and bug fixes;
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and new technologies.
We’d like to talk to you if you the following:
- University degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or a related field
- 5 to 8 years’ experience developing softwares
- Previous experience in a Lead or Supervisor position is a plus
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages Python and C/C++
- Experience with production dccs such as maya, houdini, gaffer, and arnold
- Experience with production management systems such as ftrack or shotgun
- A solid understanding of visual effects and/or animation pipelines and workflows
- Strong grasp of software development best practices such as TDD, continuous integration and agile methodologies
- A proactive attitude and great team spirit is essential
- Experience with global pipelines across multiple sites is an asset
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY