Cinesite Vancouver is looking for a Set Dressing/Environment TD to join us on our creepy and kooky animated theatrical feature film, The Addams Family.
The Set Dressing/Environment TD is a position geared towards an artist with a strong background in foliage modeling and assembly with a great sense of composition and attention to detail. For the Feature currently in progress, emphasis will focus on taking ownership of grooming foliage with Xgen and creating descriptions for all procedural landscaping used in the film. You will work with Pipeline, Previs/Layout and the CG Supervisor to assist in developing Xgen, create asset/shot solutions and develop workflows to achieve the vision of the directors.
The successful applicant will also be a talented groomer, enthusiastic collaborator and effective problem solver.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partnering with the CG Supervisor, Production Designer, Modeling and Surfacing/LookDev, you will assist in developing the Xgen Environment pipeline as well as proprietary tools
- Work with the CG Supervisor and other departmental Supervisors to create assets that meet the creative requirements of the Director and Production Designer’s vision and also feed well into the downstream departments
- In conjunction with creating the root set assets, also work at shot level in a final dressing pass to make sure each shot looks its best
- Develop and document workflows and train other artists as required in those tools/workflows
- Recognize and report issues that will prevent deadlines from being met on time and propose solutions
- Degree in fine arts, computer science or equivalent experience a plus
- 3+ years of production experience, with proven ability of leading a team
- Expert competency with Maya and Xgen with good understanding of downstream software dependencies such as Katana and Renderman
- Experience using XGen within hair and as an archive instancing system
- Ability to write code and assist in tool/pipeline R&D development is a plus
- Experience with Shotgun Tracking Software/Toolkit a plus
- Creative eye for compositions and effective use of filling backgrounds with set dressing density without taking over the scene/distracting from hero action
- Highly motivated at problem solving with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills and ability to delegate and mentor people
Please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY