Reporting directly to the Head of Technical Production in Montreal, the Technical Production Department Manager is responsible for managing software development projects for the Studio in close collaboration with the Head of Production Technology. The Technical Production Department Manager will coordinate and schedule software development tasks and take care of related administration to ensure projects are delivered on time and prioritized correctly.
The Technical Production Department Manager will also liaise with peers from other Studios to help coordinating cross site development projects.
- In collaboration with Head of Production Technology, evaluate and set daily, weekly and short term goals for pipeline team on their projects in order to ensure deadlines are met.
- Participate in department forums and show development planning meetings to make sure department and show requests are accurately represented and prioritized in the software development plan.
- Report progress of development team as a whole, individual developers and related projects
- Support communication between development and production teams to ensure priorities, status and specification of development requests are clear to all parties
- Provide support to the members of the development team with resolving prioritization conflicts
- Ensure members of the development team are following agreed development practices
- Regularly assess working practices and project management workflow to identify bottlenecks and suggest improvements
- Liaise regularly with other Technical Department Manager or Pipeline Production Managers in other Studios to coordinate development effort across different Studios where needed
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- Excellent team player and team motivator with a supportive and can do attitude
- Excellent project management skills gained within software development, games or VFX industries
- Good understanding of the VFX and Animation production process as well as software development process and associated methodologies, to ensure clear communication with both teams
- Good listening skills and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle competing priorities while meeting client or organizational requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY