Cinesite London is recruiting a VFX Supervisor to join our VFX team. They will be responsible for achieving the creative aims of the Director and/or Producers through the use of visual effects, as well as creatively leading the entire visual effects team.
- Oversee the creative output of the projects
- Creatively manage every VFX shot from concept to completion
- Assist with the breakdown of scripts/storyboards and participate in the bidding process
- Direct the technical and artistic personnel
- Provide creative solutions to improve communication, workflow and production value in relation to VFX projects
- Work closely with the VFX Producer and Production Manager to determine & implement the project schedule
- Works alongside the Producer to ensure the show is creatively managed and completed within budget
- Work closely with the 2D and CG Supervisors, to make sure that the work they are producing is consistent with the aesthetic style of the show
- Liaise directly with clients to actualize their creative vision and offer solutions to the technical challenges of the project
- Create a good working relationship with the clients including the Director and Production VFX Supervisor
- When required attend the live-action shoot and where necessary offer advice and recommendations relating to VFX shots
- Ensure seamless integration of 3D, 2D and live action elements and ensure the work completed meets the exacting expectations of the client
- Review, critique and approve all CG elements and composites at various stages of development and then at completion.
- Give relevant feedback to the individual artists, CG and 2D Supervisors
- Responsible for presenting the work to the client and have final say over what work is presented
- Ensure shot submission is of the highest of standards
- Responsible for interpreting any feedback the clients gives and how that may affect the workflow within Cinesite, and how the work can be altered to accommodate their requests
- Attend dailies and production meetings
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Experience of supervising both on-set and in-house, overseeing CG and 2D teams
- Excellent organization, communication and project management skills
- Ability to lead within a strong team environment, willingness to share knowledge
- A thorough understanding of the visual effects process and the ability to interpret the artistic brief from the Director/Production VFX Supervisor
- 7-10 years’ experience in the industry of visual effects for films, including a minimum of 3 years as a VFX Supervisor or in a similar position
- Experience managing all aspects of post-production including bidding and script breakdowns, scheduling, pipelines, etc.
- A strong technical understanding of CG pipelines and the ability to specify efficient workflows and identify additional tools required
- Previous experience with team management and task assignment for large team sizes including dealing with work-related issues
- Previous film industry experience with the ability to ensure artists work is of a high standard both artistically and technically
- Good working knowledge and/or understanding of the following software is a plus: Nuke, Maya, Arnold, Houdini
- Previous experience of training, mentoring and recruiting VFX Artists is an asset
- Ability to work to and meet strict deadlines often under pressure
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all and where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.